Chanel is coming out with some gorgeous gold and black nail lacquers and a eye makeup duo inspired by the "Orient" which was featured in the recent Paris Shanghai PreFall 2010 fashion show (as seen in the videos below). Unfortunately, this collection will be limited to the Chanel boutiques and will be available on April 1st. I wonder how Illusion D'or will look because so far the nail lacquers are calling my name since I've been on a nail polish kick. How about you?
Gorgeous Shu Pei
Ligne et Ombre de Chanel: Jet-Gold = Matte black eyeliner / gold eyeshadow
Le Vernis: Black Velvet = Matte black, Illusion D'or = Clear with gold sparkle, and Gold Lame = Copper gold
Happy Saint Patrick's Day! As mentioned in my other post about my March picks, the nail polish that I had on there was OPI's Jade is the New Black from the recent Hong Kong Collection and I wore it just in time for this month. The color in real life is actually sightly more forest green compared to pictures. To me, the green color does not look like any colors of jade that I've seen. The application was so smooth and was opaque after two coats.
Flash ... some fingers look tan, ahahah
p.s. I apologize in advance for not being a great photographer nor good nail polish applier with cuticles showing, enjoy! :D
(it's clickable)... tank & jacket image from hm.com, model image from style.com, shoes from shopstyle.com, lipstick from temptalia.com, and OPI's Jade is the New Black from alllacqueredup.com
To me, March is synonymous to St. Patrick's Day (even though I'm not Irish) and spring flowers (even lately, it's been cloudy/raining and sunny off and on in my area).
This year H&M is going to debut their Garden Collection on March 25, the flower tank and jacket are from that collection, check out their site for more from this flower garden filled collection.
M.A.C. also just release their Give Me Liberty of London collection today in stores. This collection is actually out online on their own site and on the typical counters ones like Nordstorms and Macys. I talked about some of the products that I wanted to get before in another entry and I actually got to see them earlier this week, but unfortunately I don't have swatches. I do, however, have a list of my favorites that I think will sell out fast...
- Ever Hip lipstick: a coral cremesheen texture that is perfect for that spring look (it's the lipstick featured on my collage)
- Blue India nail polish: a dusty blue creme nail polish that is unlike any other blues I've seen before, check out alllacqueredup.com to see her swatch comparisons.
- Shell Pearl beauty powder: a peach/pink highlight that has the right amount of shimmer that doesn't look too over the top... it's been out in other collections before but if you haven't gotten it, maybe you should... ahahaha
I also liked...
- Frankly Fresh lipglass: a neutral peach color that has a bit of shimmer to give a little oomph to lips
- English Accents lipglass: a pastel pink with a bit of blue, I usually don't like how this color looks on my lips but it was pretty enough to not wash me out
... that's about the sum of my favorites. Of course, this is just my opinion since I'm not a makeup artist but a makeup fiend. I hope this helped and I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.
p.s. Sorry about the delay with the fashion week stuff. Paris Fashion Week is still in the works and so I'm gonna do a post about the sum of the fall looks that is coming up, so be sure to be on a look out :D